Rabu, 06 Februari 2013

Hello Touch: Finger Vibrator from JimmyJane

Do you remember the Yellow Pages ad that went, "Let your fingers do the walking"? Hello Touch from JimmyJane is the modern version. Now when your fingers "do the walking," they vibrate the path they take.

Good Vibrations was good enough to send me a sample to review.

Two itty bitty vibrators on stretchy bands fit on your fingers (index and middle, or thumb and index, or however you want). My fingers are small, and the bands fit relatively snugly, which was good for me, but if you have thicker fingers, the bands might be uncomfortably tight.

They're connected by a thin cord to a power pack on your arm. It takes two AAAA batteries, included. Press the bottom button and your fingertips vibrate; press the top button and they stop. I have no idea why the sleeve is marked with a middle button -- there is no middle button.  I had trouble working the buttons until I realized it takes a firm press of the finger in just the right spot, which isn't always obvious.

The Hello Touch is designed to stimulate clitoris, penis, nipples, G-spot -- almost anywhere you want. It isn't advisable to use it anally -- although the bands are tight, you don't want to risk one sliding off the finger during anal use.


JimmyJane was smart about the instruction booklet. I'm used to getting booklets with page after page of tiny print in a dozen languages. This instruction booklet just has illustrations of how to put the thing together and use it, and they're very clear. It also comes with a fabric travel bag.

It is a strange contraption indeed. I think you'll have to get some nervous laughter out of the way before you try it -- at least, I did. It's very unsexy in appearance.

Who cares what it looks like if it works? The problem is that it doesn't work for me. Not at all.

Oh, it vibrates, but the buzzy vibration is very light, nowhere near what this woman needs. Plus it doesn't even feel good to me -- it's too easy to pinch the skin or irritate tender tissues with the cord or bands. I would love to know if any of you succeeded in joyful G-spot stimulation with this -- I tried and failed.


Was my reaction unusual?  I decided to read a few reviews. This will doubtlessly change as more sex toy reviewers get hold of it, but now as I write this, the reviews are on tech gadget sites, and none of the writers actually used the product -- they're just quoting from the PR and ruminating about it.

I'm not a snarky reviewer who pans a product entirely if it doesn't work for me. Maybe it's just me. It probably would be more fun during partner play than solo. And it could work for either clitoral stimulation during intercourse or solo, if you need just light vibration to get you over the edge instead of the turbo power I need.


Some toys work fabulously and become favorites; others are okay but not special. But some -- like this one -- are just interesting experiments to try once and put away.

I'd love to know how you like Hello Touch for solo or partner sex. Please comment!

Thank you, Good Vibrations, for sending it to me for review, and for always appreciating an honest review.




1 komentar: